BALTIMORE BIRD CLUB
Welcome to the home page of the Baltimore Bird Club, a chapter of
the Maryland Ornithological Society. Here you will find
information about the BBC, the MOS, and their activities; and
links to some of the finest birding sites on the web.
Baltimore Bird Club Information
|For inquiries concerning injured birds or wildlife, please call Phoenix Wildlife Center at 410.628.WREN (9736).
For other questions, please call
(410) 664-5151 or e-mail .
Maryland and the Region
- The Home Page of the Maryland Ornithological
- The Allegany & Garrett Counties' Bird Club, a Chapter of MOS
- The Anne Arundel Bird Club, a Chapter of MOS
- The Caroline County Bird Club, a Chapter of MOS
- The Cecil Bird Club, an MOS chapter.
- The Frederick Bird Club, an MOS chapter.
- The Harford Bird Club, an MOS chapter.
- The Howard County Bird Club, a Chapter of MOS
- The Kent County Bird Club, a Chapter of MOS
- The Montgomery Bird Club, a Chapter of MOS
- The Patuxent Bird Club, a Chapter of MOS
- From the only Maryland county on the ocean: the Worcester
County Birding page.
- The home page of the Audubon Naturalist
- The Patterson Park Audubon Center in Baltimore
- The Home Page of the Potomac Valley Audubon Society
- Birds of North
Point State Park in Baltimore County.
- The Irvine Nature Center, in Baltimore County.
- The Robert E. Lee Park Nature Council, which has an excellent map of the park's trails
- The Pickering Creek Audubon Center in Easton, Maryland.
- The Oregon Ridge Nature Center, in Baltimore County.
- A list of Maryland Birds
- The state's guide to Maryland Parks, Forests, and WMAs
- Sam Droege's essay "Maryland,
Efficiency, and Birds" surveys the changes in Maryland's birdlife over
the past 400 years.
- GORP's pages for Blackwater
Neck National Wildlife Refuges
- The C&O Canal Page
- The home page of the Northern Virgina Bird
- The Virginia Society of Ornithology
- Every Fall, hawk watchers migrate to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary
What Are Birders Talking About?
- Here are the archives of birding lists (discussion groups that communicate by email):
- Read the latest
submissions to Rec.Birds and UK.Rec.Birdwatching
What Else Is Out There?
There's plenty of birding information on the internet.
- The most important site:
- Some Megasites (chock full o' birding links)
- Find out how to attract birds to your yard and keep them
coming back on the Backyard Birding Page
- Want to know about American birds? Visit the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
- There's almost too much information about American birds at the Northern
Prairie Wildlife Research Center -- it's not just for high plains
birders. Learn about waterfowl and other birds.
- Birds, Birds, Birds -- from the Office of Migratory Bird
CHIP NOTES Back Issues:
| Winter 2016
| Spring 2017
| Winter 2015
| Spring 2016
| Summer 2016
| Winter 2014
| Spring 2015
| Summer 2015
| Winter 2013
| Spring 2014
| Summer 2014
| Winter 2012
| Spring 2013
| Summer 2013
| Winter 2011
| Spring 2012
| Summer 2012
| Winter 2010
| Spring 2011
| Summer 2011
| Sep 2009
| Oct 2008
| Feb 2009
| May 2009
| Apr 2008
| Oct 2005
| Dec 2005
| Feb 2006
| Apr 2006
| Oct 2004
| Dec 2004
| Feb 2005
| Apr 2005
| Oct 2003
| Dec 2003
| Feb 2004
| Apr 2004
| Oct 2002
| Dec 2002
| Feb 2003
| Apr 2003
| Oct 2001
| Dec 2001
| Feb 2002
| Apr 2002
| Oct 2000
| Dec 2000
| Feb 2001
| Apr 2001
| Oct 1999
| Dec 1999
| Feb 2000
| Apr 2000
| Oct 1998
| Dec 1998
| Feb 1999
| Apr 1999
| Oct 1997
| Dec 1997
| Feb 1998
| Apr 1998
| Oct 1996
| Dec 1996
| Feb 1997
| Apr 1997
| Oct 1995
| Dec 1995
| Feb 1996
| Apr 1996
Bird Fun and Games
Enough with the Birds, Already
Here's a link to that other organization called
Marylanders sail the internet free, thanks to
Who Dealt This Mess?
This site is maintained by
Send me e-mail at
May 2, 2017.